Abyssmedia.com Forum Index Abyssmedia.com
Abyssmedia Support Forums
 
  FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Usergroups   Register 
  Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Log in 

frustration with the scheduler

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abyssmedia.com Forum Index -> i-Sound WMA MP3 Recorder Pro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
johnsloan



Joined: 01 Oct 2004
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to use the scheduler, and am not finding it useful. I can't find a way for the program to open a streaming audio show to record - thus I have to open the stream manually well in advance of the time of recording. Is there something I'm missing? If this feature is absent I strongly suggest that you implement it in the next version of the program. If it's already present, could you show me how to get it to work?

Thank you,

John H.
Back to top
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin


Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Posts: 309

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this feature will be implemented in version 7.x
At this time you can use windows scheduler to open streaming audio.
Back to top
johnsloan



Joined: 01 Oct 2004
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply post. I trust the license I purchased will include this update, when it arrives, at no additional cost. Correct?

Thanks,

John H.
Back to top
frustrated
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your application looked interesting as your web page indicated a scheduler which is one of the main points that I was looking for. I was very dispointed to see that all the scheduler is for is to stop and start the recording. There is no way of connecting to the source that you want to record.
Back to top
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin


Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Posts: 309

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can spacify URL for streaming audio and Scheduler will open this URL with default browser. In browser settings you can activate auto-dialing.
Back to top
Supersnake



Joined: 04 Oct 2004
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oleg,

I updated to version 6.5.6.0 and tried out the Recording Scheduler again.

I placed the URL for the stream in the "Open URL" field box and gave it a "Start Time", then I placed the same URL in the "Close URL" field box and gave it a "Stop Time" that was one minute later. Then I sat back and observed to see if it would work.

When my start time came I saw the recorder indicate that it started recording and when the one minute passed by the recorder stopped recording just like I expected it to do. It created a 870 KB sized (.mp3) file but the problem is that the file it creates is silent. Apparantly if you don't have the stream audibly playing in advance then the scheduler doesn't record any sound.

This seems to defeat the purpose of having a scheduler if all it does it start and stop recording music that is already playing.

Will this be corrected soon?

Thanks Oleg

Supersnake



Edited By Supersnake on 1119076248
Back to top
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin


Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Posts: 309

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does recorder open this URL in browser window?
By default recorder must open browser window when start record and call CloseURL then record stopped.
It can not close browser window so you must specify CloseURL from browser - usually window contain "Close Window" link with JavaScript.
Back to top
Supersnake



Joined: 04 Oct 2004
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oleg Tsheglov wrote:
Does recorder open this URL in browser window?
By default recorder must open browser window when start record and call CloseURL then record stopped.
It can not close browser window so you must specify CloseURL from browser - usually window contain "Close Window" link with JavaScript.

Oleg,

Here are some musical streams that can be heard 24 hours a day:
1. http://64.236.34.97:80/stream/2001
2. http://64.236.34.97:80/stream/1032
3. http://146.186.143.20:8000
4. http://205.234.179.37:80
5. http://210.124.186.246:8000




If I take any of those URLs and place it in the recorder's "Open URL" and "Close URL" field boxes, here is what happens.

1. When the "Start time" comes the recorder launches my browser (Internet Explorer) and opens a web site window for that URL. ---> The window that the browser brings me to does not contain a "close window" link nor does the browser open a secondary window with a "close" link.

2. When the "Stop time" arrives the recorder stops recording but the web page does not close - and my browser remains open. During all the time it is recording no music is being heard.
==========================================
Winamp, Windows Media Player, Foobar, and Media Player Classic all play any of those streams without opening my browser.


Thanks, Supersnake



Edited By Supersnake on 1119176724
Back to top
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin


Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Posts: 309

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. CloseURL optional and in your case not required
2. You must select appropriate recording source "Stereo Mix" in Settings->Mixer
overwise recorder will contain only silence.
3. Recorder can not open and decode stream directly - it capture decoded stream from Sound Card
Back to top
Supersnake



Joined: 04 Oct 2004
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oleg Tsheglov wrote:
1. CloseURL optional and in your case not required
2. You must select appropriate recording source "Stereo Mix" in Settings->Mixer
overwise recorder will contain only silence.
3. Recorder can not open and decode stream directly - it capture decoded stream from Sound Card

I have the mixer set to "What U Hear" and it records very well whenever sound is coming through the sound card - so I have no problems with manual recording.

Looks like I will just have to accept the fact that the "Recorder can not open and decode stream directly - it (has to) capture decoded stream from Sound Card".
=====================================
Final question then Oleg, will the Recorder in version 7 be able to open and capture decoded streams without me having to launch a media player first to make sound come through my sound card?

Thanks,

Supersnake
Back to top
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin


Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Posts: 309

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we have a plans to built-in Media Player to recorder for direct capturing internet streams
Back to top
Christian
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersnake wrote:
Oleg Tsheglov wrote:
1. CloseURL optional and in your case not required
2. You must select appropriate recording source "Stereo Mix" in Settings->Mixer
overwise recorder will contain only silence.
3. Recorder can not open and decode stream directly - it capture decoded stream from Sound Card

I have the mixer set to "What U Hear" and it records very well whenever sound is coming through the sound card - so I have no problems with manual recording.

Looks like I will just have to accept the fact that the "Recorder can not open and decode stream directly - it (has to) capture decoded stream from Sound Card".
=====================================
Final question then Oleg, will the Recorder in version 7 be able to open and capture decoded streams without me having to launch a media player first to make sound come through my sound card?

Thanks,

Supersnake

I have the same problem. I am using 6.5.6.1, which I just purchased, and I have recorded a lot of silent MP3s.

I have tried these two MP3 streams that are broadcast continually:
http://radio.hiof.no/nrk-petre-128
http://malxrstream01.nrk.no/nrk-p1-128

See also:
http://media.hiof.no/english/
http://media.hiof.no/scripts/stream_details.php

I have the exact same experience as supersnake.

In the Options window, I have the following choices for Mixer:
- SigmaTel Audio (this is the soundcard)
- Bluetooth audio

I have noe "What you hear" option.

I hope you can help, as I feel I have paid $29,95 for a program I can not use for the purpose intended.

Thanks.
Back to top
Christian
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oleg Tsheglov wrote:
Yes, we have a plans to built-in Media Player to recorder for direct capturing internet streams

Sounds good. Can you say when the new player, or a beta version, will be available?
Back to top
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin


Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Posts: 309

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have noe "What you hear" option.

You should select "Stereo Mix" input.
Please read help file for additional info. Most of new sound cards uses different names for same inputs.
"Stereo Mix" might appear as "What U Hear", "Wave", "Wave Out", "MP3" e.t.c.
You can test settings before creating scheduler event...
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abyssmedia.com Forum Index -> i-Sound WMA MP3 Recorder Pro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2011 phpBB Group