Abyssmedia.com Forum Index Abyssmedia.com
Abyssmedia Support Forums

FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Usergroups   Register 
  Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Log in 

ID3 tags not updated

View previous topic :: View next topic  
audiofan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: ID3 tags not updated Reply with quote

I ran your BPM app on my music files (I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium) and it successfully determined the BPMs for almost all of them. I was impressed at how fast it worked, taking only about 4 seconds per song. I don't mind that (1) it missed a few or that (2) all the Salsa songs seemed to be assigned a BPM about half of they should be. I did not expect perfection.

The deal-breaker was that the BPM numbers were not saved in the song files' metadata, and it was not obvious how that is done. If I looked at the MP3 files afterwards through Windows Explorer, there were no numbers in the Beats-per-minute field.

Another significant problem is that individual songs cannot be run in your app. It would be nice to just right-click an MP3 file, and your app would appear on the pop-up menu.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you enabled this option in program's settings?
jrods

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I really like your software but have the same problem as audiofan. I do have the option to store the BPM value in the tag but it is not doing it. I cut the BPM values to integers only but still the files are not updated.

Any idea?

Thanks.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More likely, your MP3 files have non-supported version of ID3 tags, so BPM Counter create add new ID3 tag with only one frame (ID3FID_BPM)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abyssmedia.com Forum Index -> BPM Counter All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: