Abyssmedia.com Forum Index Abyssmedia.com
Abyssmedia Support Forums
  FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Usergroups   Register 
  Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Log in 

Lost recording...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abyssmedia.com Forum Index -> i-Sound WMA MP3 Recorder Pro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Has anyone else had i-Sound record over a recording?
 100%  [ 1 ]
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Lost recording... Reply with quote

Just started using i-Sound, hence the number of questions.... Embarassed

I think there may be a problem with autonaming of files. Today I had to re-start the program, having recorded files with automatic naming: "RRCC_Podcasts_2007-03-11_001", "RRCC_Podcasts_2007-03-11_002" etc. with an auto increment number on the end.

After the restart I started recording again, and was disappointed to see it had reused the autonumber of 001 - over-writing the first recorded file with no warning!

I think it reset the autoincrement number to "001" when the program restarted.

Can you make it look to see if the calculated file name already exists and if so look for the next available autoincrement number?

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, every time it will start from the number that you have selected.

We will add verification procedure to avoid overwriting.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble with the auto-name system as well.

I've been using WMA for a few months and love it. I just updated to the latest version ( last night and I can't figure out the auto name to save my life.

I record several different streaming radio shows each week. I need to set up auto naming to include the event name, for example "Eventname-DD-MM-YY" like the system used to do in the previous 6.6 versions. Basically just automatically adding the date onto the event name.

Is this still possible?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Any update on overwriting files? Reply with quote

Hi - I reported the problem of iSound overwriting files without challenging more than 2 years ago, but it still seems the same in the current release.

We have recently started using the program for morning and evening meetings, and already have had the morning meeting wiped due to this bug.

PLEASE could you fix it??

Ideal would be to look in the selected save folder and increment until an unused recording number is found.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: another way Reply with quote

a way to solve this problem is to set auto name system as "YY-MN-DD-HH-NN-SS" Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abyssmedia.com Forum Index -> i-Sound WMA MP3 Recorder Pro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: