Abyssmedia.com Forum Index Abyssmedia.com
Abyssmedia Support Forums

FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Usergroups   Register 
  Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Log in 

Possible BUG found with %MYFILES% in version 3.2.1.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abyssmedia.com Forum Index -> Quick Batch File Compiler
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kazRium

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Possible BUG found with %MYFILES% in version 3.2.1.0 Reply with quote

I noticed this today when trying to create a very simple exe. The batch file looked like the following:

@ECHO OFF
start regedit /s %MYFILES%\gnis.reg

I created the exe to run with "Ghost Application" settings, added the reg file to the "additional files" section. Everything seemed straight forward, but the exe was not adding the key to the registry like it was supposed to. When I ran the reg file by itself, it worked fine.

After a few minutes of frustration, I decided to add a "pause" command to the end of the batch file, and surprisingly everything worked fine. When I took the pause off it no longer worked. I ended up adding a sleep command that has the batch file sleep for 5 seconds so the final file looks like this

@ECHO OFF
start regedit /s %MYFILES%\gnis.reg
C:\sleep.exe 5

Now everything works correctly. This only started happening after I upgraded to the latest version of QBFC, the older version I was using worked fine. I am wondering if the %MYFILES% file is being removed before the command is run? Is this a known issue, or am I doing something wrong?

If you need any additional information, I'll be happy to provide it.

Thanks,
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just use WAIT option for START command.
kazRium

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was my fault. I just removed the start command completely, and it works fine. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction on that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abyssmedia.com Forum Index -> Quick Batch File Compiler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: