Abyssmedia.com Forum Index Abyssmedia.com
Abyssmedia Support Forums

FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Usergroups   Register 
  Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Log in 

problem with working directory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abyssmedia.com Forum Index -> Quick Batch File Compiler
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThaWhiteNigga

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: problem with working directory Reply with quote

Hi, I have included an application into my QBFC but I have a problem. The application needs to run on its own directory but I cant run it as an included file even if it is in its own directory. When I run the app. i get the missing files error. Maybe this is because the %MYFILES% path isnt the same as the path the compiled .EXE file is running.

Please Help Me!!!
ThaWhiteNigga

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: problem with working directory Reply with quote

ThaWhiteNigga wrote:
Hi, I have included an application into my QBFC but I have a problem. The application needs to run on its own directory but I cant run it as an included file even if it is in its own directory. When I run the app. i get the missing files error. Maybe this is because the %MYFILES% path isnt the same as the path the compiled .EXE file is running.

Please Help Me!!!

SOLVED! Very Happy

Thanx anyway!
wildboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gotten the program working the other day, now I think I'm having the same problem as 'ThaWhiteNigga'...

However, in my case the program doesn't 'NEED' to run in it's own directory (that I know of) because it worked good the a couple of days ago...

I would put the exe file in the root of drive c:
put my simple batch code in the compiler, and include the required exe Once compiled I get the following error:

Code:
'file' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

BUT if I put cd\ in the batch file as the second line, (right under the %MYFILES%\file.exe line, it will work...Is that right? I KNOW FOR SURE that I DIDN'T have that cd\ in there the other day, cause I made a hard copy print out of what I typed in, and it don't work like that anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abyssmedia.com Forum Index -> Quick Batch File Compiler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: