Abyssmedia.com Forum Index Abyssmedia.com
Abyssmedia Support Forums

FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Usergroups   Register 
  Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Log in 

Record to 2 files simultaneously

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abyssmedia.com Forum Index -> i-Sound WMA MP3 Recorder Pro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon.maddox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Record to 2 files simultaneously Reply with quote

Firstly, excellent job on i-Sound. Great design and features. Smile

I will be using it for live recordings and it would be so absolutely excellent if I could record to a USB drive and the hard disk at the same time. If it could be implemented so that a problem on one recording would not affect the other it would give so much more confidence.

It would also give you a really unique selling point....

The test for me would be to unplug the USB drive during a recording without losing the 2nd hard-disk copy!

Can you help me?
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: Record to 2 files simultaneously Reply with quote

Why you need this feature? In some cases last record on your USB drive will be broken if you disconnect it during recording.
simon.maddox

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Clarification... Reply with quote

I want to record live meetings so that people unable to attend can listen afterwards. I don't get a 2nd chance at the recording, so need to be as sure as I can that the recording is good. Cassette tapes used to be very reliable, but clumsy. Audio CD recorders all too often failed to record properly leaving me with a red face and a shiny drinks mat.

Hard disks do get full, flash drives occasionally corrupt and it would be great to have a backup copy for peace of mind.

Regarding removing the USB drive - I was only suggesting this as a test to prove the resilience of a system that could record to 2 destinations at once.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Clarification... Reply with quote

Ok, this feature included into TODO list for next version.
simon.maddox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks, I appreciate that. Any ideas when you plan the next release?

If I could be even more daring, would you also consider adding a button or hotkey to stop the current recording and start a new file immediately (like you can with the VOX option)? Again for live sessions it would allow us to split the recording into rough tracks and save a lot of time loading 1 big file afterwards.

As an example, on audio CD recorders, pressing "Record" when already recording usually continues recording on a new track. Could you replicate this functionality?

Again, thanks for your support and interest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abyssmedia.com Forum Index -> i-Sound WMA MP3 Recorder Pro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: