Abyssmedia.com Forum Index Abyssmedia.com
Abyssmedia Support Forums

FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Usergroups   Register 
  Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Log in 

Recording 4 mono channels what is easiest?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abyssmedia.com Forum Index -> MCRS (Multi-Channel Sound Recording System)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattstroud

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Recording 4 mono channels what is easiest? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I need to record 4 channels of audio coming from 4 microphones, i thought i could use 2 channels on the line in socket (one using the left channel and the other using the right channel) and the same using the mic socket. But i realised during testing that the mic socket is only mono, meaning i only have 3 available channels in total into my computer.

If i was to buy a USB 5.1 sound card or something like that would i be able to use 4 of the chanels from that, maybe front right, front left, rear right and rear left as the 4 mic inputs i need to record? If was to find a device like this would the MCRS software display all the channels or would it only show Left and right channel still?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abyssmedia.com Forum Index -> MCRS (Multi-Channel Sound Recording System) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: