Abyssmedia.com Forum Index Abyssmedia.com
Abyssmedia Support Forums

FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Usergroups   Register 
  Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Log in 

recording Skype problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abyssmedia.com Forum Index -> i-Sound WMA MP3 Recorder Pro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gyrus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: recording Skype problems Reply with quote

Hi, I'm trying to get Skype set up to record both sides of the conversation (with i-Sound Pro) for an interview, and I can't get it to work.

The interview failed last week because I got everything working through my speakers & mic, all recording fine, but the interviewee could hear their own voice coming back at them. I couldn't fix it and I've rescheduled, but I still can solve the problem.

I'm trying it now with my Logitech USB headset. I followed the tutorial in i-Sound, and i-Sound's mixer settings are set for the headset for both playback and record, and the recording source is "Wave" (no "Sound Mixer") present. It's recording my mic but not the incoming voice.

Any hints greatly appreciated!

Gyrus
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look on the new tutorial http://www.abyssmedia.com/skype-recorder.shtml
prttythts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Need more help with USB headset Reply with quote

I have the same problem recording a USB headset and a Skype call at the same time.

What I would like to see in the tutorial are what are the settings for:

--Control Panel, Audio, Playback
--Control Panel, Audio, Recording
--Control Panel, Microphone, Playback
--Control Panel, Microphone, Recording

The Mixer lets you choose the microphone or sound card but not both. When I set recording and/or playback from microphone to the sound card and choose Stereo Mix, I still can't hear microphone and call at same time. Thanks.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can record both sides of conversations only from sound card. Both headphones and microphone should be connected to the sound card.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abyssmedia.com Forum Index -> i-Sound WMA MP3 Recorder Pro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: