Abyssmedia.com Forum Index Abyssmedia.com
Abyssmedia Support Forums

FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Usergroups   Register 
  Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Log in 

Stuttering in recordings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abyssmedia.com Forum Index -> i-Sound WMA MP3 Recorder Pro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GungHo

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Stuttering in recordings. Reply with quote

I've recently been finding jumps in my recordings. Is there a buffer setting somewhere that I could change. Thanks for a great program Smile
Lefty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuttering problem in the recordings.

I've been having this on and off since the first version of i-sound I downloaded, in 2006. I'm currently running the latest version available.

I'm on my 3rd different computer all (WinXP) and all have had this problem at one time or another. I have the latest sound drivers, I've turned off all other programs, so the computer runs isound only. The only program running is Kaspersky virus protection, but I have that set for scheduled updates during times when I'm not running i-sound. I even turn off Windows updates, screen savers, and all the auto-load programs many people have on their windows machines.

Here's what I'm recording with i-sound:
I have satellite radio connected to the line-in to the sound card.
I record 6 hour schedules every day, with 5 minute splitter for each file.
Recording to mp3, 64 bitrate.
The computer is a Dell 4550 with 2GB Ram.

Most of the time, the quality is 100% perfect.
However, at random times there will be a stuttering chatter that comes into the recording, heard when played back.

Its not predictable. Some days, the first 2-3 hours of recording will be perfect, then all the sudden (in the middle of a track) it will start stuttering. The stuttering continues through the remainder of the recording event (for me, the rest of the 6 hours).

The way I fix it is to re-select the bit-rate from the options menu. I proved this worked by selecting the bit-rate in the middle of a recording one time, and upon playback, the stuttering stopped immediately.

I thought this work-around worked at least well enough for me to finish the 6 hour recording. So I used to re-select the bitrate before every day's recording, usually the night before.

But now, even that is not working.

Can you please suggest something to resolve this problem?

I have plenty of mp3 files that I can send the administrator if that'll help you understand the problem.

Thank you,

Larry
BillBarrett

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Stuttering Reply with quote

Was there ever a reply to this problem?

I've been using iSound for several years to record a weekly church sermon. I'm using 128 bit MP3. It's been great. A couple months ago, the recording was choppy. Some weeks it's perfect. Some weeks it's useless. This is a Windows XP Pro 32 bit system. I've got the latest version of iSound, Windows, sound card drivers, video drivers.

What can I do?
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please understand that i-Sound could not stop working properly itself. Something changed in your system, perhaps due Windows Update.
BillBarrett

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Stuttering Reply with quote

I do understand. I was hoping someone else has seen this and discovered a common issue.

Thanks. . .
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent few suggestions by email
timbad2021

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Support, Please send me the suggestions you mentioned above as I am experiencing these problems. Thanks.
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timbad2021 wrote:
Support, Please send me the suggestions you mentioned above as I am experiencing these problems. Thanks.

First of all, try to update audio driver.
rarias12345

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Windows 7:
I uncheck option "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" under "advanced" tab of "Digital Audio Properties" see image

[/img]
support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can recommend you to use 48000 sampling rate in recording settings to avoid resampling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abyssmedia.com Forum Index -> i-Sound WMA MP3 Recorder Pro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: