recording skype - i-sound

Sound recording software. Support MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG and APE formats
englishwob

Post by englishwob »

The site says that recording both sides of a skype conversation is doable. How?
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Just select "Stereo Mix" as recording source at
"Settings->Mixer"
englishwob

Post by englishwob »

Sounds simple. I'll try it and let you know. Thank you for the prompt support.
englishwob

Post by englishwob »

What you said solved that problem. But there were others. My mike would not work and I kept getting the message "cannot find C::\Windows\system32\sndvol32.exe"
After hours of frustration I thought of a simple way and a "system restore" to the day before I purchased I-Sound solved it.
If my problem is not unique you can have a conversation with a blonde robot here:ttp://www.skype.com/help/guides/soundsetup.html
Thanks again.
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

How sndvol32.exe related to our recorder? This is a component of Microsoft Windows. Our recorder used built-in mixer : "Settings->Mixer"
snibbo

Post by snibbo »

In the Win XP Recording Control, I can tick the Microphone checkbox and i-Sound Pro can hear my microphone but not the incoming Skype signal ---- or I can tick Stereo Mix and i-Sound Pro can hear the incoming Skype signal but not my microphone. I can't find a way to let i-Sound Pro hear and record both sides of the conversation. Mixer is set to "Sigma Tel Audio" and "Stereo Mix". Skype is version 1.1.0.79. There is something very mysterious about this - what am I doing wrong?
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Please select mixer line from i-Sound Settings->Mixer.
If you tick "Stereo Mix" then recorder must hear both Mic and incoming signal.
snibbo

Post by snibbo »

I promise you that if Stereo Mix is selected in the iSound Settings window, it can not hear the microphone and nor can Skype. (The settings in the Windows Recording Control change automatically when I change them in the i-Sound settings panel, as they shoud do.)
There is something more subtle that needs to be changed, but I don't know what it is.
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

You can check additional settings for Microphone in windows mixer - "20dB boost"
snibbo

Post by snibbo »

This morning it works. Between sending my last message yesterday and booting again this morning I have had the PC out of its docking station and on the road. Now it's back in the same configuration as it was yesterday and everything seems to be working as it should - but I never made any settins changes myself.

Very mysterious, Microsoft!

By the way - if I turn on the microphone boost as you suggested I get howl-round, even with the headset, so I've turned it off again.
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Very interesting...
DaveEggs

Post by DaveEggs »

I am having exactly the same problem as snibbo posted on April 5th. When Stereo Mix is selected, iSoundPro can't hear my voice (Skype can't hear either). When Microphone selected, then my voice is heard by both, but iSound can't hear Skype output (although I can still hear it). My recording device shows "SigmaTel C-Major Audio". I have also tried rebooting my system. Still no luck. Any suggestions?
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

As i know, snibbo keep out PC from docking station and this solve all problems. Do you have a notebook too?
Please check default recording device:
1. Open Control Panel
2. Select "Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices"
3. Select "Sounds and Audio Devices"
4. Select "Audio" tab
5. At Sound Recording -> Default device please select your sound card.
Sometimes Windows set as recording device USB mic or e.t.c.