Cannot Record

Sound recording software. Support MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG and APE formats
Sundey

Post by Sundey »

I have a Gateway PC with Realtek HD Audio rear input selected as the Recording Device. I am trying to record streaming radio, but not see a "What U Hear", "Stereo Mix" or "Wave Out". I have tried all the settings, and none work. The equalizer never indicates it is picking up sound, and I get blank recordings. Do I not have a compatible sound card?
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

On our test PC with Realtek HD Audio we set
Back Line in/Mic, Front Line in and recorder seeing signal.
Some versions of Realtek drivers may work incorrect - please check drivers update.
lkojio

Post by lkojio »

I have the same problem except I am on a VAIO. It's only a few months old, but I just updated the realtek driver anyway. Still no go. There is a Wave option in the Mixer drop-down, but I can't record streaming radio using that or any of the other recording sources. When I open the Realtex HD Sound Effects Manager, there is a section entitled "Back Panel" but there is no way to select any of the buttons. There is no "Front Panel" section.
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Please start i-Sound before media player, latest version of Realtek drivers can't initialize record if playback started.
lkojio

Post by lkojio »

Sorry, that doesn't solve the problem either. Even if I start recording before I open the media player, it still doesn't record the stream.
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Our customer with same PC (Sony Vaio R Series Desktop Computer Model VCG-RA842G) sent me this settings:
On my new computer with this soundcard you must open i-sound before you start your music source. Then it works. If you open your source first and then i-sound it will not record
lkojio

Post by lkojio »

Yes, my settings all look like that, except that since I updated Realtek (at the suggestion posted on this BBS) the Realtek input and output names are a little different. I don't think that matters.
I just tried it again; opened i-sound, then played & "recorded" a streaming broadcast using Windows Media Player. Nothing. Thanks very much for trying though.