Running i-Sound under Windows Vista

Sound recording software. Support MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG and APE formats
support
Site Admin

Running i-Sound under Windows Vista

Post by support »

The current version 6.72 works perfectly under Windows Vista.
By default, Vista hides mixer settings from user, so you should enable "Stereo Mix" input before recording.

1. Select sound from the control panel.
2. Select the recording tab.
3. Right click on the background of the tab and choose "show disabled
devices."
4. Right click on Wave Out Mix (or Stereo Mix as it was called on my
machine) and click enable.
5. Now it should work the same way as Wave Out Mix in Windows XP,
allowing you to record any sound your computer makes.
gspari

can not record

Post by gspari »

the drop down field "select recording source" is disabled

besides that in the recording tab of the sound control panel I also can not see "Wave Out Mix" or "Stereo Mix" - all diabled ones are shown

I have a computer with Mainboard S-775 INTEL DP35DP with Intel® High Definition Audio: what do I have to do in order to be able to record?
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

lachie

Windows Vista not giving me "Stereo Mix" option

Post by lachie »

I've downloaded the latest drivers for Vista but still only get 3 options;
1. Headsset Microphone
2. Micrphone/Line In
3. Microphone Array

None of these help me in being able to use my old skool version (6.6.0.2) of i-sound

Can you guys help me understand what I can do from here?

Cheers

Lachie.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

I don't know why "Stereo Mix" input disabled in your audio drivers. Please contact your manufacturer.
Agaricus

Recording streaming on Vista

Post by Agaricus »

Folks,
Thought I'd chip in with what worked for me in trying to get i-sound to work with Vista Home Premium on a Mesh PC. Lots of odd advice on internet, so resorted to my tactic of throwing money at the problem.
PC only had onboard motherboard soundcard, so went and bought a Soundblaster Audigy SE soundcard (25 quid).
After installing it, couldn't see the "what you hear" option on the recording tab of the Sound menu in vista (the show disabled / disconnected options after right clicking didn't work either). So did this:

1. Uninstalled the drivers for the card.
2. Went to soundblaster website and downloaded older version of the driver (search the creative labs knowledge base for SID 1774, and get the old driver SB24_VTDRV_LB_1_04_0065A.exe and this will allow you to see the "What you hear" option after you install the driver.

3. Better still, just download this 10meg file first, install card, bin the cd and on booting machine run the file.

Recording sound from internet works fine now!

Maybe this driver issue will work for other sound cards? Some internet sites suggest using the old Win XP drivers for vista?
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Stereo Mix no longer required. i-Sound for Windows 7 and Windows Vista use the new audio API and record audio directly from Speakers.