recording Skype problems

Sound recording software. Support MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG and APE formats
gyrus

recording Skype problems

Post by gyrus »

Hi, I'm trying to get Skype set up to record both sides of the conversation (with i-Sound Pro) for an interview, and I can't get it to work.

The interview failed last week because I got everything working through my speakers & mic, all recording fine, but the interviewee could hear their own voice coming back at them. I couldn't fix it and I've rescheduled, but I still can solve the problem.

I'm trying it now with my Logitech USB headset. I followed the tutorial in i-Sound, and i-Sound's mixer settings are set for the headset for both playback and record, and the recording source is "Wave" (no "Sound Mixer") present. It's recording my mic but not the incoming voice.

Any hints greatly appreciated!

Gyrus
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Take a look on the new tutorial https://www.abyssmedia.com/skype-recorder.shtml
prttythts

Need more help with USB headset

Post by prttythts »

I have the same problem recording a USB headset and a Skype call at the same time.

What I would like to see in the tutorial are what are the settings for:

--Control Panel, Audio, Playback
--Control Panel, Audio, Recording
--Control Panel, Microphone, Playback
--Control Panel, Microphone, Recording

The Mixer lets you choose the microphone or sound card but not both. When I set recording and/or playback from microphone to the sound card and choose Stereo Mix, I still can't hear microphone and call at same time. Thanks.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

You can record both sides of conversations only from sound card. Both headphones and microphone should be connected to the sound card.