No recording signal from M-Audio Transit USB

Sound recording software. Support MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG and APE formats
julian cox

Post by julian cox »

I have used i-sound very successfully with a Creative SB Live card on my Dell Dimension 3100 running XP SP3. The card has been upgraded to an M-Audio Transit USB card, with the operating mode set to "2-in, 2-out, 16 bit 8000 Hz to 48000 Hz". Sound output from the card is superb. However, in i-sound mixer settings, only the "Line" recording option is available, and that produces an error message "Line source not selected". I have of course checked the control panel Sounds and Audio Devices settings to make sure that the M-Audio is the selected recording device and the volume is not muted. Any ideas gratefully received.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

What version of i-Sound you have?
julian cox

Post by julian cox »

I should have thought of that, but didn't. I have just upgraded to version 6.8.2.0, but this has not produced any solution to my problem.

Let me be clearer about my set up. The Dell 3100 was originally equipped with a Sigma Tell on-board system. This has been disabled in the bios and the codec has been also disabled. I run XP with two hardware profiles.

1. The Creative SB Live card is enabled and the M-Audio box is disabled. In this profile, i-Sound will detect all the possible sound sources, and will work satisfactorily, only limited by the basic quality of the sound card.

2. The creative card is disabled and the M-Audio box is enabled. In this profile, when, in the i-Sound Mixer, the M-Audio Transit is selected as the recording device, then there is only one option available in the 'Select Recording Source' pull-down, and that is 'Line'. The error message 'Source Line not selected' also appears.

I need to solve this problem as the M-Audio card was purchased with the intention of recording my vinyl disc library into digital, at the best possible quality.

Thanks for your reply, julian
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

As I understand, M-Audio card doesn't have any inputs except "Line In", so you not need to care about mixer settings.
Another possible reasons for this issue: M-Audio drivers not compatible with standard mixer API.