xp does not pick up sound

Sound recording software. Support MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG and APE formats
BrandonA.

xp does not pick up sound

Post by BrandonA. »

Hello all, I have I-sound recorder Pro 6.9.9.8 version on windows xp that is not picking up any sound at all when I play a music. (Although the music is playing and I can hear it through the computer speakers) I have uninstalled it and re-installed but no change.... Not sure what to look at next? I have the recording source as "Stereo Mix" I have tried all the settings no luck.....Help..

THanks
BrandonA.

Re: xp does not pick up sound

Post by BrandonA. »

Hello I fixed one problem and found another. I uninstalled the sound driver and re-installed and now the i-sound program hears and records the music! YA **However I am now having an issue with only being able to record one file! Vox will not work and I can't manually stop a recording and start a new file. *It simply records over itself when I stop recording and start again erasing the last file I recorded. Since I downloaded the latest version of I-sound I am wondering if it is the new version that has this issue? Is there a way to download an older version of I-sound? Ideas Please!!!!!
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Open Settings and check the "Auto names" settings. More likely, you have fixed file name, instead of template.
BrandonA.

Post by BrandonA. »

Very interesting when I (uncheck enable auto name system) and (uncheck Vox) I can manually record separate files by clicking record then a pop up window appears and asking for a file name (I type a file name) and click save then Isound will record a file. When I click stop it will stop and then I can record a second file once the window pops up and I give it a new name and click save. *So I can save multiple files manually but in a very strange way. HOWEVER, If I click (enable auto name system) it keeps recording over the first file every time I hit stop and record a new file it records over the first file and keeps the same name..... Vox automatic stop and start does not work no matter what I click!!!
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Open Auto-name settings and check what template do you have.
Default template is: YY-MM-DD-HH-NN-SS
BrandonA.

Post by BrandonA. »

I have used the default setting. I have also tried changing it to 001 so it counts up as new songs are recorded. It will only record one file when I check (enable auto-name system) It keeps recording over the same file if I manually stop it and click record again.....
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

If you want the file name to be incremented from 001 then you need to use NUM variable.