Question about iSound Recorder 7 - FLAC encoder limitation

Sound recording software. Support MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG and APE formats
tidaltidal

Question about iSound Recorder 7 - FLAC encoder limitation

Post by tidaltidal »

Hi,

I bought the iSound Recorder 7 couple years ago but never had time to use it for i what bought it for,
Anyway, now due to corona situation i started to use it to make archives of my streaming service playlists (TIDAL). All the Masters/MQA up to 24/48, i can dl them with token/GUI but not more. I use a regularly updated sheet which lists all MQAs from TIDAL with respective Rate and FLAC Bits, with the iSound Recorder i'm able to record in 24/96 but not more, even the tool recognizes my system settings (eg 24/192) and show them correctly in the settings, it wont let me set the encoder to the same..

Is there any chance you may update the encoder in the future to allow up to 24/352 or at least 24/192? I do have a couple albums there on TIDAL, mostly jazz or classical in 352 there to dl but i surely can live with with 192.

I know it might be a bit over the top but i want to archive all this for posterity :D - And TIDAL is sometimes just removing high quality albums without any informations.

Thanks in advance for a short answer!

Best Regards,
Marco
support
Site Admin

Re: Question about iSound Recorder 7 - FLAC encoder limitation

Post by support »

We did not add this mode because there are too few recording sources with such quality.
Most consumer sound cards only support sample rates up to 48kHz in hardware. My own professional card from ESI support only 96kHz :-(
At the software level, we can add 192kHz at any time.
tidaltidal

Post by tidaltidal »

I've got a mainboard with one ESS ES9018 DAC onboard, and a external device to stream mqa to my headphones, it confirms the mainboard can go this high. Would it be possible that i get an updated version? :D
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Ok, I will send you download link after weekend.
tidaltidal

Post by tidaltidal »

:P