Embedded VLC

Create Presentations, E-Books or CD Autorun from HTML pages in one click.
DougV

Embedded VLC

Post by DougV »

Hi
we have embedded a VLC plugin into a PowerPoint page converted to HTML. (then converted to SIF's EXE)
this was used for many years (since 2007) for our school's emergency announcement using the live link embedded sample: udp://@IP:PORT.

this just recently stopped working (6 months ago?) however when we tried it via powerpoint preview, it works. Just not via SIF.

I'm wondering if there's possibly a policy that would prevent this VLC live link from being displayed with SIF ?

I've removed MS and office updates to troubleshoot which didn't resolve it however I've tested with an older machine from storage and that works. which leads me to believe it's a policy... but which one?

Doug
support
Site Admin

Re: Embedded VLC

Post by support »

SIF based on Internet Explorer engine, so it could be a problem after Windows Update.
DougV

Post by DougV »

thanks for your quick respond
for clarification, the SIF uses IE engine and uses whichever is installed such as IE11? (so what may work is removing IE11 and re-installing IE8 ?)

I have removed windows update going back 2 years and its still not working...
I will check the Internet/IE GPO as they may have implemented something?

thanks
DougV
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Try to insert this meta tag in html code:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
DougV

Post by DougV »

Hi... it resolved other issues I was having. the issue I had was that the OS firewall blocked the .exe file and I had to allow it.

thanks again and have a great day
Doug V