EXE File crashes when attempting to clean temp files

Convert your BATch files into EXEcutable format in one click.
scrfix

EXE File crashes when attempting to clean temp files

Post by scrfix »

Hello,

a simple batch file conversion with this program is causing the exe to crash. I am wondering if you can help with this.

Code: Select all

@echo off
rmdir %temp% /S /Q
echo succesfully removed temp directory
@pause
It starts to remove and then instead of the script pausing, it crashes and disappears.

I believe this is because QBFC must create a file in the temporary directory that is then removed by the command above however I cannot see a way of telling QBFC not to utilize that temp directory for temporary files.

Is there a way to get this to work?
scrfix

Post by scrfix »

Okay,

I have figured this out. You can utilize:

del %temp%\* /F /S /Q

This will not crash the exe file.

Wayne Leiser, CTO
Spectacular Computer Repair
scrfix

Post by scrfix »

Okay,

I have figured this out. You can utilize:
del %temp%\* /F /S /Q
This will not crash the exe file.

Wayne Leiser, CTO
Spectacular Computer Repair

Okay I spoke to soon. I figured out why it crashes however. This program doesn't really encrypt anything per say.

It encrypts the shell of the program so that people cannot right click and get your code however when you run the program it recreates your bat file in the temp directory UNENCRYPTED therefore while the bat program is running, someone can come in and look at your source code in their temp directory. This is why my program keeps crashing because it deletes the bat file within the temp directory.

I hope all of these so called compilers do not work this way. Otherwise, it is useless to utilize them because they do not really encrypt anything.

In fact, the only thing I can see that it does other than change the name of your bat file is add this onto your bat file:

echo off
cls
echo -----------------------------------------------------------------
echo This file created with trial version of Quick Batch File Compiler.
echo Please REGISTER your copy to REMOVE this reminder.
echo Copyright 2002-2009 by Abyssmedia.com
echo Offical web-site http://www.abyssmedia.com/quickbfc/
echo -----------------------------------------------------------------
pause
@shift

There is nothing at the end of the bat file to erase itself. Perhaps that is done in another file. There is a .tmp file that has the same name as the bat it creates.