Compilation Projects - Saving time when compiling applications

Convert your BATch files into EXEcutable format in one click.
NDog

Post by NDog »

I like this program and we registered it so we can compile sensitive batch files for gaming scripts at our net cafe. The major annoyance I have with this program is the time it takes to prepare the compilation.

Importing the source is easy, right click on a batch file - Compile with QuickBFC. Custom Resources and Include is the annoying part. Everytime I want to compile and and add the file description, company name, version info, application icon and included files, I have to manually browse or type out these details everytime and individually which is the most time consuming part.

I made a mistake I accidently compiled 30 applications with ghost application, which were meant to be console application, which meant I had to individually recompile them all, and manually, which was a real pain.

Maybe you might want to think about adding the ability to save a project, which includes everything, as in the File Description, Company Name, Version Info, Application Icon and included Files, and save it as a .QBFC file or something similar. It would be nice if you could include it in version 3.

Thanks
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Yes, you right - this feature is number one in our TODO list.
Thanatos

Post by Thanatos »

To keep it simple, you could use a commented portion within the script delimeted by some sort of beginning and ending and have you compiler parse the script for that section when it is loaded.

You could have your compiler add this section to the script automatically when saved/compiled from the interface.

Something like the AdminScriptEditor does (it uses xml formated text though). e.g.;

Code: Select all

::Script_Settings
:: name=scriptname
:: icon=icon.ico
:: version=1.0.0.1
:: description=script settings
:: comments=comments....
:: company=The Company
:: etc.....
::End_Script_Settings