Ghosting settings - Basic feature questions

Convert your BATch files into EXEcutable format in one click.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Hi there. I just bought the product, and wow is the help file sparse. There are many features for which there is no documentation whatsover, which I hope this is remedied in a future release.

Here are a few simple questions....
1. If the application is in "ghost" mode, what happens to input and output that would have gone to the console? Are they redirected? If not, redirection of input and output output to a file would be a good option.

2. Does the icon feature only work in ghost mode?

3. Can multiple files be included that have dependencies on each other? Is the "include dir" visible to all subprocs? ( i.e. an exe and a dll ).

4. Feature request: be able to create an taskbar icon, not just a toolbar one. I have a couple of continuously running service-like batch files that this would make sense for.

5. Bug: if large fonts are enabled, the buttons to select files on the include files page and the select an icon page are never visible. Without the include button, no files can be selected.

Thanks in advance!
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

1. Current version not redisrect input/output. This option used for silent execution without customers feedback.
2. NO, you can change icon for any mode, but only under Win2000/XP
3. Yes, you can add multiple files, this files will be decompressed to same folder as original EXE files and may be used during execution. After execsution EXE file will delete this files.
4. We changed icon for console application - you must see selected icon on desctop and on taskbar.
5. Thanks, will be fixed ASAP.

Regards,
Oleg Tsheglov
Matt

Post by Matt »

Thanks. What happens if there is console I/O in a ghost session? If input is solicited, will the program just hang? Does output cause a crash, or is it just lost?

You mention i/o redirection is not implemented in this release - are you planning on doing so?
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

EXE file just wait for user input in ghost mode. In other words - it stay in memory untill reboot or process termination from Task Manager. Console output redirected to NULL (lost).
Ghost mode designed for silent installation without user input, so please use standard console if user action required.