Need to be able to save window position setting

Convert your BATch files into EXEcutable format in one click.
shodan816

Need to be able to save window position setting

Post by shodan816 »

BFC does not store it's main window position either in the default folder or in the registry. On my vista system, with screen resolution set at 1280 X 800, BFC starts with the bottom of the screen completely hidden beneath my task bar. I have to move the screen each and every time I start BFC. Please consider adding a 'Window position' setting to the existing registry settings. Better yet, please consider making this GREAT app portable and save all settings to an INI file. Thanks for listening ! !
shodan816

Post by shodan816 »

It is really VERY difficult to believe that no one else is seeing this problem. Very strange indeed. I'm not sure if it shows up under Vista only, but I seriously doubt it. I think anyone with a high resolution setting will see the main window 'dropping off' of the screen in this latest version.
joemark

Post by joemark »

i know my alway start from right side bottom. but not fully hide
sKurt

Window Position

Post by sKurt »

Mine too, always starts cranked over to the right all the way to the bottom.

Not that it's a big deal as I only use it to compile, I use TextWrangler to do my editing...
shodan816

Post by shodan816 »

Thanks, sKurt ! At least I'm not the only one with this problem. If this app is not going to allow the user to set and store it's window position, then at least it needs to start much higher and to the left on the screen...
shodan816

Post by shodan816 »

Any chance to learn whether or not this problem will be looked into or (hopefully) fixed ? If it is not considered an issue, it would be nice to know that, and I will stop checking for a resolution... Thanks.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Please don't worry - this issue will be fixed soon.
shodan816

Post by shodan816 »

THANKS ! ! ! VERY much appreciated...
shodan816

Post by shodan816 »

"Please don't worry - this issue will be fixed soon."

This post was made over FIVE WEEKS ago . . . :-( Any idea (guess) when this window positioning problem will be fixed ? I will stop checking here every day and try to find another app if it will not be fixed. Thanks.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

BTW, current version open window at the center of desktop