Problem with new updated Batch File Compiler ? - Command TITLE no longer supported ?

Convert your BATch files into EXEcutable format in one click.
Mindbender

Post by Mindbender »

I recently updated to the new Quick Batch File Compiler and noticed that from a few of my original Batch files compiled with the previous version, now the command TITLE which is used to display a title in the top of the Command Prompt is no longer supported and is remarked out by the new compiler.

Why is this command no longer supported ?
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Yes, current version disable TITLE command because
upcoming version will set TITLE from compiler settings.
Mindbender

Post by Mindbender »

Thanks for the quick response.....! Any hints on when that upcoming version will be coming out ?

Aslo, I'm not sure how this is going to be work out into the compiler settings, but the way we were using the command TITLE was for others to see what was going on at certain locations of the batch process ( which takes about an hour or so to complete ) this way the user could see and have an idea of where the process was by looking at the title bar. So this TITLE command was being changed multiple times within the batch file and then displaying on the top of the command prompt the state of the process.

Very Handy Command. I could be totally wrong, but It sounds from what you are saying that the command will not be supported anymore from within the batch file and you are going to allow the user to set a TITLE from within the compiler settings and only that title might be used throughout the run.....! That would be a step backwards from what you had working in the previous version. Although I do like a lot of the new features of the updated compiler, this will be a disappointment if it happens. How about allowing the TITLE command to work as before and using whatever you might be thinking to add to the compiler settings to be used too. If not used from the Compiler settings them treat the command as previous versions.

Concerned Customer....! :(
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Ok. We return this command in next version.
I think new version will be ready at first week of june.
Mindbender

Post by Mindbender »

Thanks, that will be great.......! Thanks for caring....! Looking forward to getting your updated version in June.....!

Thanks again for the quick action.....!