What makes Quick Batch File Compiler better than the others?

Convert your BATch files into EXEcutable format in one click.
silentmacro

What makes Quick Batch File Compiler better than the others?

Post by silentmacro »

I am looking to buy a Batch File Compiler.

What features made you buy Quick BFC over using the other shareware compilers like Batch File Compiler Professional Edition or Scriptcrypter or even the free Bat to EXE Converter program?

I personally don't know if the free bat to exe converter is a good choice since it is free and many people are using it. Could this have a higher chance of false positives?

I am pretty sure all Batch file compilers including Quick BFC and BFC Professional Edition extract files to a temporary directory. Which one is better and why?
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

I know about some compatibility issues with other compilers.

You right about temporary directory, but next generation of QBFC will create native applications: no temporary files, 100% secure, syntaxis checker, optimizer, debugger.

Some time ago we posted link to early alpha-version, got a lot of feedback and now working on the new beta-version.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Have tested BAT to EXE converter from F2KO. LOL! They just add batch file to the end of exe file without any encryption. Anyone can see content of your batch file in text or binary editor before execution.
newuser

Post by newuser »

Is the unicode support been implemented yet? :?
And when will the full native code version be release? :?:
doitfortheluvof

Post by doitfortheluvof »

newuser wrote:when will the full native code version be release? :?:
This is a goooooood question. I would love to see such a thing! My C++ friend who works for Sony Online Entertainment said it is completely impossible and calls bullcrap. Unless of course... abyssmedia is going to completely re-write the Windows command interpreter by themselves. that does not sound very cost-effective to me.

Can I please see the "alpha version" that has been mentioned. I would love to do some testing. I can't find it anywhere!
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Exactly! But we not need to rewrite all features of command line interpreter. We just created byte-code application, something like C# or Java and virtual machine. Script parsed and compiled to byte-code, virtual machine may execute few commands itself and other commands using native interpreter.

Step-by-step, we will implement new commands in virtual machine and final version will not depends from cmd.exe

Another possible solution - translate batch script into high-level language like Pascal or C++.
Whale

Post by Whale »

I came across this info about 2 years ago.

And Im still waiting for the beta version. :cry:

Could you let us know when its going into beta release please? :(

All I need is that particular feature. :cry:
Whale

Post by Whale »

Any update on this native compiler or beta version? :?:

Its almost Christmas already. :shock:
Whale

Post by Whale »

Its already 2010, will this project ever see the light or will be abandoned?
:shock:
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Not abandoned, but suspended. I can't say more now.
Whale

Post by Whale »

support wrote:Not abandoned, but suspended. I can't say more now.
Thanks for the update.

If I have QBF license, can I request the last version of the working beta copy of the native compiler? :?:

Can I know when was the last native compiler version and when was it released? :?:

I might have some use of it even if its not fully completed. :)
All I need to know is until what extent the compiler can do.

I'm tired of learning scripting since batch is so much easier to use and so much batch examples and info can be found on the internet. :o

The reason I wasnt into batch file much is security since all batch compilers now just extract bat to a temp a folder and execute it.

Your the first company thats actually developing a native compiler for the batch. :D
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Latest beta have only syntaxis analyzer and parser. It can compile script to byte-code like Visual Basic or .NET
Virtual machine that execute this byte-code still not ready, so we not have working version right now.
Whale

Post by Whale »

support wrote:Latest beta have only syntaxis analyzer and parser. It can compile script to byte-code like Visual Basic or .NET
Virtual machine that execute this byte-code still not ready, so we not have working version right now.
Thanks for the update.

Hope this project will continue soon in future. BTW, drop a note when the project start again, will you? :)
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Okay.
Whale

Post by Whale »

Its been another year now, any updates? :?:

Thanks.