Error 24: Cannot Open File

Perfect solution for court rooms, radio stations and phone calls recording
bmaxwell

Error 24: Cannot Open File

Post by bmaxwell »

Gents,

We've been running MCSR for quite a while to monitor our radio stations' air signal and recently we had a major meltdown and are getting the above error. I've uninstalled, removed the registry keys (Win XP) and reinstalled and am still getting the same error. It's persistant in that no matter how many times I click OK, the error still pops up.

How can I remedy this?

Thanks! ben
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Possible reasons:

- you not have enough permissions to write to selected folder
- path contains non-latin symbols
bmaxwell

Post by bmaxwell »

support wrote:Possible reasons:

- you not have enough permissions to write to selected folder
- path contains non-latin symbols

I resolved by rolling back the computer.... Not sure what happened. I had full rights on all the folders, they were networked and shared, so I think that someone else accessed them and it may have reset something. Is it possible that the Browser could have had a corrupted database? What's the best way to access the files and move them from folder to folder?

Thanks.....
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

No, database could not be corrupted. See Settings->Output Folder if you need a path to audio files.
bmaxwell

Post by bmaxwell »

support wrote:No, database could not be corrupted. See Settings->Output Folder if you need a path to audio files.
It wouldn't even let me get into the app. Just the constant ERROR 24 popup.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Its looks like path to database or output folder was changed. I'll see how we can avoid this kind of problem programmatically.
bmaxwell

Post by bmaxwell »

support wrote:Its looks like path to database or output folder was changed. I'll see how we can avoid this kind of problem programmatically.
Excellent news. I was running it with the output folders linked to mapped network drives, and I was able to get it running after remapping. I think one of our audio reviewers accessed a current file and created the problem.

Thanks so much. We're logging 8 radio stations here in the Cayman Islands, btw...