NEW RELEASE - Version 2.0.7.0 released

Convert your BATch files into EXEcutable format in one click.
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Changes in new version:

1. Fixed files decompression error
2. Fixed Version Info for EXE files
3. Updated Installer & Uninstaller
4. TITLE command turned back
chrisfromITSC

Post by chrisfromITSC »

hi oleg!

first of all, let me say: great tool! ... better than others ... ;-)

yesterday, i stumbled across qbfc, and today the next version is out to mess around with it ... i love this ... :-))

one thing occured by testing 2.0.7.0:
if i drag/drop eg. 1.bat into the source window and then add an include (eg. 1.exe), everything works fine ...

if i drag/drop another 2.bat into the source (quasi another project), the include of the former project is still inside the includes window ... no prob, i thought, deleting the 1.exe and adding 2a.exe and 2b.exe ...
but the compiled result obviously still has same memories of 1.exe, since it still decompresses 1.exe (sometimes 0 byte, sometimes original size), 2a.exe (0 byte or normal) and 2b.exe (0 or normal)
only a restart of qbfc and adding again includes will help ... (speaking of includes: do you think a drag/drop will be possible in the include window as well?)

thanks so far
chris
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Ok. We fix this tomorrow
chrisfromITSC

Post by chrisfromITSC »

hi oleg!

another little thing occured during testing: if a password is once entered, it is not possible to use no password, until the reg-key is cleared ...

chris
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

No, you can clear password in program settings. Compiler check password before compilation and password will be disabled if it contain empty string
chrisfromITSC

Post by chrisfromITSC »

i'm sorry, but i'm afraid at least the actual version does not behave as you described:
1. add a password, compile -> password required for decompilation ...
2. clear password in options (empty string), compile -> the same pw is still required for decompilation ...
3. clear password in options (empty string), close qbfc, open qbfc -> the last entered pw is still here ...
summary: a changed pw is compiled to the exe and is written to registry after closing qbfc, but an empty string is not.

... not a problem at all (i compiled a batch resetting the reg-key :D ), i just found it worth to mention ...

chris
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Thank you!
Yes, this problem fixed in current pre-release.
This version will be available at this weekend.