Error with WshShell.Run under W2K8 R2

VBS to EXE and JScript to EXE Compiler
cal77

Error with WshShell.Run under W2K8 R2

Post by cal77 »

Hi,

I've got a problem with a compiled script under Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit). Perhaps it's a general problem with 64-bit installations and not only in this particular OS (I just tested it with W2K8 32-bit without R2 before of the actual problem)...:

Everything is working fine, if I execute the script as a VBS-file and all the commands are going through. After compilation, everything which ist working with the "WshShell.Run" command isn't executing anymore. The script ist still working further and it's finalizing it's work - but without these lines of code... If I use the same executable on a W2K8 32-bit, everything is working fine as well...

Do you have any idea, what the problem could be and how I can solve it?

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Regards,
Andre
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

This is common issues for any 32-bit application on 64-bit Windows. The one and only solution - waiting for 64-bit version of ScriptCryptor.
twomble

Post by twomble »

Is a 64 bit version of ScriptCryptor planed for release? Cal77, did you find a work-around for this problem? I'm working on a script that will be used in both 32 and 64 bit Windows and I use the WshShell.Run a lot in the code.
twomble

Post by twomble »

Update... I've just installed Windows 7 64 bit and I do not have this problem. Howerver, I do have a different problem. I'm not able to read or write to the registry on a 64 bit install of Windows 7. The error message I get when using objShell.RegRead is:

Error: Invalid root in registry key

If I run the code as a vbscript, it works fine. Any ideas? I've tried to read and write to the registry using WMI and with objShell.RegRead. Both ways have problems.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Read at MSDN about registry redirection and WOW64: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896459
twomble

Post by twomble »

Wow! Thank you very much! This has solved my problem. You guys rock! :D
cal77

Post by cal77 »

btw: I just packed all the executables I need to run with the shell into the same path as the compiled VBScript-EXE - with that, it will run everything as well under 64-bit installations!

That means: It's solved for me as well!

btw2: Would it be possible, to have a better save-option, so that I can save the whole compilation project including icon, includes and file-info?
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Yes, next version will save all optins inside script as comments.
msacademy

Scriptcryptor on 64 bit Windows 7

Post by msacademy »

I am having the same issue. The program just does nothing and ends. It works fine as a vbe or when compiled with VBSEdit. And of course it works fine with script as a vbs.

HELP!!!!!
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

VBSedit doesn't compile scripts. It's only create sfx-archive with launcher.
Whale

Post by Whale »

I just notce it stated in vbsedit website, their new release no longer extract to temp file anymore. Correct me if I'm wrong. :?:
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

I'll check this out.