Not really "protecting" the source code?

Convert your BATch files into EXEcutable format in one click.

Not really "protecting" the source code?

Post by 11221 »

Although I was assuming after conversion to the executable the actual code would not be created again but indeed this is the case.

The created exe does basically act as an decompression program and puts the bat file into the temp folder, executes it and afterwards deletes the bat file.

It is possible to restore that temp file within 1 second using freeware like Recuva.

This makes the compiler practically useless for the purpose of hiding the inside of the bat file.

A solution for this could be to execute the bat file from RAM and not harddrive.
MrXX

Post by MrXX »

i just can agree...
the source code is not hidden and if the exe is not executed until it's end (system crash or shutdown) the code is in the temp folder readable for everyone :?

could you please fix that in a newer version than 3.15? :) :?:

I would say the suggestion from above sounds pretty good; executing the code from RAM and not from HDD.

*edit*: for now i just can grade down to version 2.1.7.0 which does not produce such batfiles :roll:
Noxolos

Post by Noxolos »

Are there any plans to improve this in future releases?
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

We can protect script code, but compiler will not be compatible with standard batch commands due EXE format limitations.
Whale

Post by Whale »

Noxolos wrote:Are there any plans to improve this in future releases?
https://www.abyssmedia.com/forum/what-ma ... -t458.html

From this thread, the project basically was put on hold. :(
I hope they continue it in future.
jamlor84

Re: Not really "protecting" the source code?

Post by jamlor84 »

11221 wrote: A solution for this could be to execute the bat file from RAM and not harddrive.
Please tell me how to do so??