Sirius web cast

Sound recording software. Support MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG and APE formats
MrEWorm

Post by MrEWorm »

Can the i-sound be used to capture sirius web cast (http://mpcache.sirius.com? I tried using the tiral version. The recording produced by the trial version was inconsistent (loud and soft) and had very much white noise.
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Well, i-Sound record what you hear and quality depends from connection speed, selected compression and recording level.
Probably you get inconsistend record due connection drops and select too high recording level?
MrEWorm

Post by MrEWorm »

The sirius internet broadcast (live) sounds very good, coming across my speakers. However, it does not sound good once captured and replayed by your software.
NDXUFan

Post by NDXUFan »

You should be able to record Sirius, you might be playing the broadcast too loud for the player.

Mark
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Possible reasons:

1. Havy CPU usage. If you run many programs in background they can load your CPU and i-Sound will drops blocks of audio data.
2. Resamling. If you stream usess 22050 Hz sampling rate, but you record it with 44100Hz sampling rate then your sound card will resample audio data on the fly. Resultign quality may be lower when original stream.
3. Please check i-Sound version - it must be 6.59 or 6.59.5
rinkeedink

Post by rinkeedink »

:D This program is great for recording Stern, its why I bought it. At least until they start streaming on Sirius! Howard said they were
working on that.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Here is tutorial how to record Sirius radio.