Unable to Record

Sound recording software. Support MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG and APE formats
NDXUFan

Unable to Record

Post by NDXUFan »

I am unable to record with Windows XP. I have been able to record in the past with "What U Hear." However, the bars do not show that the recorder is showing any sound. How do I fix this, I can hear the sound from videos on You Tube and sounds from other web pages. I have SB Audigy 2 Audio E880. I do not have Stereo Mixer or if I do, I do not see it. I have Windows XP.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

You need to check mixer settings for your sound card. As far as I know, Creative use it's own control panel.
NDXUFan

Post by NDXUFan »

[quote="support"]You need to check mixer settings for your sound card. As far as I know, Creative use it's own control panel.[/quote

It only gives me one choice and I have tried everything else and the volume controls are all on high, not mute. This is confusing.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Only one choice? Do you mean "What U Hear" input?

Do you have any additional audio devices? on-board sound card?
NDXUFan

Post by NDXUFan »

support wrote:Only one choice? Do you mean "What U Hear" input?

Do you have any additional audio devices? on-board sound card?
I have "What U Hear, MIDI Synth, CD Digital, Analog Mix, Microphone, and Wave. I also have Windows Media Player and Real Player. Both of the playback and recording device is SB Audigy 2 E880. I do not know what an on-board sound card is? In addition, I have gone under Sound and Audio, all volume is on high.
NDXUFan

Post by NDXUFan »

Never mind, I think I figured it out. Thanks for all of your help. :)