ID3 tags not updated

Detect BPM values for WAV and MP3 files
audiofan

ID3 tags not updated

Post by audiofan »

I ran your BPM app on my music files (I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium) and it successfully determined the BPMs for almost all of them. I was impressed at how fast it worked, taking only about 4 seconds per song. I don't mind that (1) it missed a few or that (2) all the Salsa songs seemed to be assigned a BPM about half of they should be. I did not expect perfection.

The deal-breaker was that the BPM numbers were not saved in the song files' metadata, and it was not obvious how that is done. If I looked at the MP3 files afterwards through Windows Explorer, there were no numbers in the Beats-per-minute field.

Another significant problem is that individual songs cannot be run in your app. It would be nice to just right-click an MP3 file, and your app would appear on the pop-up menu.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Have you enabled this option in program's settings?
jrods

Post by jrods »

Hi,

I really like your software but have the same problem as audiofan. I do have the option to store the BPM value in the tag but it is not doing it. I cut the BPM values to integers only but still the files are not updated.

Any idea?

Thanks.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

More likely, your MP3 files have non-supported version of ID3 tags, so BPM Counter create add new ID3 tag with only one frame (ID3FID_BPM)