Skins won't load

Sound recording software. Support MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG and APE formats
andrewsmith86

Skins won't load

Post by andrewsmith86 »

Hi all,

I have an old PC which is being retired soon which runs iSound 7.1.5.0. It does load skin files without any issues and we use a modified "black" skin.

The new PC will run the latest 7.9.4.0 which won't load the modified skin or any other skin files. I've downloaded the skin files from the gallery and they won't load either. I'm sure this problem has existed since around roughly 7.3.6.0, but I can't be sure at which version that skin support stopped working.

I'd really like to have the skin functionality restored to the app if at all possible please. Or, is there a download link for 7.1.5.0? Thank you.
support
Site Admin

Re: Skins won't load

Post by support »

Sounds like a file association problem. Right-click on downloaded skin file, select "Open with" and choose i-Sound
andrewsmith86

Post by andrewsmith86 »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The files are associated with iSound. When double clicking the skin files, the focus changes to the iSound window, but it doesn't appear on the list of skins. Neither does the skin change. This is the case with any of the skins downloaded from the website in version 7.3.6.0. This is the case on a fresh install of Windows 10 and 11.

If i install 7.1.5.0 on the fresh installs of Windows 10 and 11, the skin files will load in iSound.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

I figured out what the problem is - the skin is not installed if the recorder is already running at this time. Close it and try to install the skin again. In the next update we will fix this problem.
andrewsmith86

Post by andrewsmith86 »

Hi!

That's fixed it! I can confirm that the skin installs if you've got the application closed. Thanks very much, and thanks for offering to fix this in the next release too.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

A corrected version is available for download from our website.