about "Filters" - how to use it ?

Sound recording software. Support MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG and APE formats
away

Post by away »

lowpass, highpass and notch filter, what are they means, the explanation in the "help" file is too simple. I want to recorder from tape.
Can you give some detailed explanation for using the filters?
Thanks!

Edited By away on 1100585940
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Where is too many ways to using digital sygnal filtration:

1. Use High-Pass filter to remove low-frequencys tape noise. For example set it to 15-50Hz (depends from tape quality)

2. Full range for tape recordings is 30Hz-18000Hz so you can use Low-Pass filter and set it to 16000-18000Hz to remove hiss

3. Notch filter applicable only for Voice recording and you not need it for tape recordings.
gharnett

Post by gharnett »

Oleg,

I'm with this user. There should be some documentation that comes with this software that explains the basic concepts of the features of your software (like, what the #### is AGC mode and what does it do?). I can't believe you actually said that there are too many ways to explian digital signal filtration. Pretty weak. How 'bout a web-site referral for the novices?

The fact that I don't know what each feature (button) does, compiled with the fact that I may never know, makes me feel taken. How 'bout extending yourself for a paying customer?

Greg Harnett
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Of cource we working on extended tutorial about new features but we need more time. Current help file from previous version so it not contain many new topics.
The main problem is good translation because our native language is not english.
gharnett

Post by gharnett »

Oleg,

There are language services out there that will translate any document into almost any language, for a small fee/page. Surely, if your product is sold on web-sites in English, it should be supported with English documents, as well. So far, I have to admit that, because of my lack of all your product's functions, I can't maintain a recording that has the same quality as the source.

Abyssmedia is abysmal. You guy's are just begging for some complaints to various consumer services, if you continue to sell without proper directions. It's not like i-sound is freeware, you know.
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Sorry, gharnett
but i don't know any good translation service from russian to english. The quality is poor for all known services. We sent test documents and result is terrible.
bigkdr

Post by bigkdr »

I seem to be having a couple of problems. 1) Sometimes when I schedule an event and exit the scheduler, When I re-enter the scheduler, The event wasn't saved. Is the a bug or an error on my part? 2) Some of my recordings come out with a distorted echo sound .... any suggestions? :(
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

First, scheduler work stable in versions 6.xx and we not received any reports about bugs.
Your records may be distorted id you select wrong recording level. Use AGC(automatic gain control) for this.