Recordings sometimes "skip"

Sound recording software. Support MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG and APE formats
lucid801

Post by lucid801 »

I record live radio to a secondary drive. There are no other applications accessing that drive during the recording. However, on occasion the recordings "skip." Even stranger, one time the recordings made in the morning of the same day skiped, but not those made in the evening.
Do I need to turn off my screensaver? What could be causing the skipping?
Thanks,
HL
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

What's i-Sound version you have? Latest 6.59 fix many problems with scheduler
lucid801

Post by lucid801 »

I have 6.5.7.3, and will update right now!
But does that skipping sound familiar?
Thanks,
H
lucid801

Post by lucid801 »

Well, I've just attempted to install the latest and after installation,
I get the following error message that cascades until I hit ok:
"Access violation at address 004c4dc2 in the module "isound.exe". Read of address 00000008."

And the install of 6.59 is unsucessful.
I have now re-installed 6.5.7.3 without any difficulty.
What to do? This is the only time I've had and problem like this with your product.
Thanks,
Howard
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Yes, version 6.59 incompatible with old settings. Please uninstall previous version or just delete files "events.xml" and "isound.xml" from i-Sound folder.
lucid801

Post by lucid801 »

Thanks,
I did so and the installation went fine.
Thanks for your quick reply.
I hope this cures the skipping. It seems you feel it related to the version as opposed to anything my computer is doing.
HL
lucid801

Post by lucid801 »

I looked at my post and perhaps I need to clarify:
It records everything scheduled. Yet sometimes the recordings them selves skip. Almost as if you were fast forwarding through a CD.
Does that make sense?
It is for this reason I was wondering if something my computer was doing in the background was interfering with the write to the disc.
Comments?
Thanks,
HL

Edited By lucid801 on 1131376243
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Does you mean that skipped only part of scheduled recordings? Please send me "events.xml" file from i-Sound folder - it contain all scheduler settings. May be some events overlapped in time? For example event1 stopped at 19:00 but event2 started at 18:59... My email support@abyssmedia.com
lucid801

Post by lucid801 »

Thanks for continuing this dialog.
Let's reboot this conversation.
All scheduled recordings are made completly.
what is happening is that the recordings themselves occasionally skip, like playing a cd in fast forward. They are corrupted recordings. I do not believe this is due to any problem with your software. I believe it may have to do with something running in the background on my computer and was wondering if you were familiar with this issue. It happens infrequently and I wondered if you had any suggestions.
Thanks,
HL
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Well, Windows may run defragmentation at any time and this can load CPU up to 100%.
Also I recommend you update sound card's drivers.
Supersnake

Post by Supersnake »

lucid801 wrote:(cut)....the recordings themselves occasionally skip,
--> like playing a cd in fast forward. <-----"
Go into Settings/Codecs/mp3 and see if your Sample Rate is set for 44100. If it is set for higher than 44100 you may possibly get a speedup in the what you hear in your recording.

If you make the change down to 44100, quit the program then reopen it and record, see if that helps.

Edited By Supersnake on 1131528706
jeffrho

Post by jeffrho »

Oleg Tsheglov wrote:Yes, version 6.59 incompatible with old settings. Please uninstall previous version or just delete files "events.xml" and "isound.xml" from i-Sound folder.
I'm also getting the
"Access violation at address 004c4dc2 in the Module "isound.exe" error. As suggested, I uninstalled i-Sound Pro, deleted the i-Sound folder (thereby deleting the events.xml and isound.xml files), then re-installed V6.59. Doing this did not solve the problem. I ended up removing V6.59 and re-installed V6.57, which works properly.
Please advise.
=======================
System Summary:

Processor(s)
Model : AMD Athlon™ XP1800+
Speed : 1.54GHz
Model Number : 1800 (estimated)
Performance Rating : PR2239 (estimated)
Type : Standard
L2 On-board Cache : 256kB ECC synchronous write-back

System Mainboard
Bus(es) : AGP PCI USB SMBus/i2c
MP Support : No
System BIOS : Award Software, Inc. ASUS A7V266 ACPI BIOS Rev 1011
System Mainboard : ASUSTeK Computer INC. A7V266
System Chipset : ASUSTeK Computer Inc VT8366/A,VT8367 Apollo KT266/A,KT333 CPU to PCI Bridge
Front Side Bus Speed : 2x 134MHz (268MHz data rate)
Installed Memory : 1024MB DDR-SDRAM
Memory Bus Speed : 2x 101MHz (202MHz data rate)

Operating System(s)
Windows System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional Ver 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Does you get same error after reinstalling new version? Error at address 004c4dc2 is player related and you will get it only if try playback any files via i-Sound.
jeffrho

Post by jeffrho »

Oleg Tsheglov wrote:Does you get same error after reinstalling new version? Error at address 004c4dc2 is player related and you will get it only if try playback any files via i-Sound.
Yes. I get the error everythime I attempt to launch the application. I'm not able to play anything because it crashes immediately.
jeffrho

Post by jeffrho »

I was able to sucessfully run i-Sound Pro V6.59 on my machine at work. That machine is running WinXP Pro SP1, but my home machine is running WinXP Pro SP2. Could this problem be due to a system DLL incompatibility issue between WinXP Pro SP1 and SP2?