Recordings sometimes "skip"

Sound recording software. Support MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG and APE formats
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

No, I think this problem may be caused by DEP(data execution prevention) function of SP2.
At v6.59 we replaced scheduler-related code, added WMA tag editor and added more settings for MP3 encoder.
All this changes can not produce this error message, but our new memory manager uses deep optimizations for newest CPUs
and probably it uses incorrect optimizations for your Athlon XP (your CPU support 3DNow!, SSE, but not support SSE2 and NX-bit)
We will test v6.59 on same PC today and fix this problem ASAP.
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Fixed v6.59 available for download.
jeffrho

Post by jeffrho »

That fixed it!
Thanks for the quick response!
PACman

Post by PACman »

I am a big fan of i-recorder. However, I've encountered the same problem that lucid801 reports, and I've found it on two different computers.

On some recordings, the recording skips a number of times in succession (similar to a CD fast-forwarding). I can usually tell there has been a problem as when I schedule a recording, the recording is short of what it should be (e.g. a recording scheduled to run for 30 mins is usually 29:59 in duration - but sometimes it can be significantly less, and when I listen to it I hear the skipping).

I am using the latest version of the software (6.6.0.2) and have the latest Direct-X installed. I believe it is occuring when the computer is relatively busy - for example, when another application is using the hard disk this skipping sometimes occurs.

Short of having nothing else running on the computer and having a separate hard disk used only by i-recorder, is there anything you can suggest?

Thanks.
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

To reduce CPU usage you can:

1. Disable visualization. Just click on spectrum display and it will switch modes.
2. Use WMA encoder. Usually it required less CPU time