problem recording - wma mp3 recorder pro.  won't record

Sound recording software. Support MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG and APE formats
curtepp

Post by curtepp »

I loaded the full version yesterday on my Gateway running XP home edition. I have a Creative Soundblaster sound card.

The software will not record. The problem is similiar to other posts on this board. Media player works fine, streaming audio and video work fine, Direct X 9.0 shows no problems, and the volume controls are set correctly, not muted.

The software will only record from the microphone. All the other inputs do not register any sound. The software starts "recording" but the resulting file has no sound, either played through media player or through Recorder Pro.

I have read all the other posts and tried the various fixes, all to no avail. I have used troubleshooter to examine my hardware, software, and drivers, all to no avail.

How do I make this software work?
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

First of all, what drivers you install for Sound Blaster? If you uses Microsoft driver from Windows Package then you may use "Stereo Mix" input, but we recommed install latest drivers from Creative Labs http://www.creative.com and select "What U Hear" input.

Another possible reason for this problem - you may have more then one audio devices and default recording device not point to Sound Blaster.

One of our customers report about same problem and found solution:
" I finally found the solution. There is an option that I wasn't aware of called "Record Master". I don't know why I couldn't find it before. Now it works fine."
curtepp

Post by curtepp »

The driver for my sound card is from Creative Technologies. The driver is ver. 5.12.1.4111, dated 10/30/2001.

Please read my original message. I have tried all the solutions posted on the board. I have tried all the mixer options, including "stereo mix". Please note, I am able to record just fine using the microphone. None of the other mixer options work.

I have run the diagnostics for my sound card. It is working properly.

I have not been able to update the driver from the Creative Technologies website this morning, but will continue to try and do so. Perhaps there is too much network traffic at this time.

After re-reading my original post, do you have any other suggestions?
curtepp

Post by curtepp »

Update from previous post. I was finally able to get through to the download site from Creative Tech. My soundcard is outdated, but I downloaded an updated driver.

The mixer choices did not change. Stereo mix is the first choice.

Good news. The recorder is now working.
curtepp

Post by curtepp »

Update from previous post. I was finally able to get through to the download site from Creative Tech. My soundcard is outdated, but I downloaded an updated driver.

The mixer choices did not change. Stereo mix is the first choice.

Good news. The recorder is now working.

Thank you for your prompt reply. No further assistance is required.
alexmcneiliy

Post by alexmcneiliy »

Same problems for me.
It appears to record, but nothing there for playback.
Windows sound recorder seems to be having the same problem now.
Local Best buy folks told me it's a sound card problem
Dell hardware support says no card problem
Dell softawre support won't help since they believe recording streaming radio stations is illegal.