Calling included files?

Convert your BATch files into EXEcutable format in one click.
ejk42

Post by ejk42 »

Okay, so, I have a batch file that calls other batch files. I convert the main batch file to a .exe, and include the other batch files that are to be called.

Originally none of the called files were working, and I got a lot of "FILENAME is not recognised as an internal or external command" errors, but then I changed:

CALL FILENAME

to

CALL %FILENAME%

so that the compiled batch file can find the included files. This has removed the above error messages, but still doesn't work correctly.

For example, I have a file called "userinput" which pops up a box in which people type their input, then click on "OK" and it gets saves as %input% to be used later. The main batch file says:

CALL %USERINPUT%

and I don't get an error, but it doesn't pop up the input box, and the programme continues with %input% empty.

This all works fine from the straight batch files, before they're compiled into the .exe. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong???

Thanks,
~m~
ejk42

Post by ejk42 »

Again, ignore me. I have figured this one out. I totally misunderstood the %MYFILES% thing.

For anyone else who's confused, to call an included file called "FILENAME" you use:

CALL %MYFILES%\FILENAME

~m~