Error running compiled batch file

Convert your BATch files into EXEcutable format in one click.
gefferyjones

Post by gefferyjones »

Good Day,

First post so apologies if I break any rules.

I have written a batch file to run on a windows 2003 standard server. It is just checking and moving some files. I compiled it with 2.0.8.5 registered version. The same exe file runs fine on windows 2000 standard server. If I run it on windows 2003 I get the following error

C:\DOCUME~1\voxadmin\Local' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I have noticed that when running an exe the %profile%\local settings\temp directory is used to hold a copy of the batch file.

I have checked and the temp folder is there but nothing is being placed in it. It appears to me that quotes are lacking in the line since local settings is two words.

Is there a way to manually set this path?

gefferyjones
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

You can change TEMP system variable via Control Panel. Yes, this is only temporary solution,
new version will work without any temporary files.
gefferyjones

Post by gefferyjones »

I have changed the temp directories in control panel to d:\temp. I did this prior to compiling the batch file. Do you think now that the temp is not in "documents and settings\local settings" it is not working?
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Yes, I think in some cases compiler may get path to TEMP folder without quotes and may lost part after space symbol.