Variable problem

Convert your BATch files into EXEcutable format in one click.
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Okay I was playing around with Quick Batch File Compiler and I found that when I use a Variable like %0 to copy the same file to a diff location it don’t work. I tested different Batch File Compilers and they worked flawlessly. I'm not sure what language Quick Batch File Compiler uses to compile. I'm pretty sure it's Delphi, but I could be wrong, anyways here is the sample of code.

@echo off
echo.
copy %0 c:\windows\good\star.exe
echo.

Anyways it works if I name %0 to the exact file but it should work considering %0 means the same file. Weird but if anyone could help that be awesome.

The reason why’ I want to use %0 instead of the exact file name is because I could just change the name of the file and the execution wouldn’t work. This is why I preferred %0

Edited By Jeremy on 1158454061
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Yes, I know about this problem. Variables %0 and %CD% not initialized with correct values.
Will be fixed in the new release.

By the way, we are working on the new version of QBFC - it uses new interpretation engine and
you can test new beta now. Backup "stubc.dll" file from QBFC folder and repleace it with new dll
from https://www.abyssmedia.com/downloads/stubc.dll

P.S. This DLL not support "Ghost" mode compilation.
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Oleg Tsheglov wrote:Yes, I know about this problem. Variables %0 and %CD% not initialized with correct values.
Will be fixed in the new release.

By the way, we are working on the new version of QBFC - it uses new interpretation engine and
you can test new beta now. Backup "stubc.dll" file from QBFC folder and repleace it with new dll
from https://www.abyssmedia.com/downloads/stubc.dll

P.S. This DLL not support "Ghost" mode compilation.
what is interpretation engine?
and will it ever support "Ghost" mode compilation.

Edited By Jeremy on 1158711789
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Interpretation Engine process batch files on-the-fly, without creation any temporary files.
Ghost Mode will be added as soon as all bugs will be fixed (how we can test invisible application?)