stereo mix not present - audio level help

Sound recording software. Support MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG and APE formats
brazilights

Post by brazilights »

"Stereo Mix" is not present in the "select input" menu. I tried "wave" and all the others and I still have not feed to my record. Please help!
mb
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

It's depends from your sound card. What sound card you have?
Phillip

Post by Phillip »

I'm having the exact same problem. My sound card is SigmaTel Audio. This is the only option it gives me under the "Select Recording Device" pulldown. The "Select Recording Source" pulldown only gives me Line In, Rear Mic and Microphone options. Rear Mic is selected by default, but I get silence using all three, regardless of the input levels. This is for anything I try to record online or with a music player. Not tried a microphone yet or another device like a tape recorder.
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

Philip, you can find solution here:
http://www.ekhoury.com/2006....r-dells
shiny

Post by shiny »

I have upgraded my Dell Precision 470 from XP to VISTA. Sound device is Sound MAX integrated digital audio. WAVE MIX was disappeared on VISTA. I have used on XP. Please help.
Oleg Tsheglov
Site Admin

Post by Oleg Tsheglov »

You should ask driver update from sound card's manufacturer. All modern sound cards support full-duplex mode,
so "Stereo Mix" should be available.
achalgarg

No Stereo Mix

Post by achalgarg »

I purchased a new HP computer with Windows Vista. It has Realtek High Definition Audio card. I can not find the "Stereo Mix" in the properties of the Audio Manger. Can someone help me so I can record streaming audio? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

AG
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Select sound from the control panel.
2. Select the recording tab.
3. Right click on the background of the tab and choose "show disabled devices."
4. Right click on Wave Out Mix (or Stereo Mix as it was called on my machine) and click enable.
5. Now it should work the same way as Wave Out Mix in Windows XP, allowing you to record any sound your computer makes.
achalgarg

Post by achalgarg »

Thank you so much for your help. It works now. I am so grateful for your help. You have a customer for life now.

AG