AudioConverterPlus creates Explorer problem - Bug

High-quality audio conversion software. Based on 32-bit engine and optimized for newest CPUs from Intel and AMD.
Markel

AudioConverterPlus creates Explorer problem - Bug

Post by Markel »

I installed AudioConverterPlus a couple of months ago (when it was featured on Giveaway Of The Day). I later began having an issue whenever I selected 130 or more files in a Windows Explorer folder (to find out properties, delete, etc) which would cause Windows Explorer to crash "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" with an Event ID 1000 (Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module shell32.dll, version 6.0.2900.3051, fault address 0x0004fa46). I'm running XP Professional (all latest updates).

I used ShellExView to selectively disable certain Explorer shell extensions, and once I disabled "Convert Audio Files To..." (created by AudioConverterPlus), the above Explorer crash ceased.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

This bug already fixed in latest version. You can download it from this site.
Markel

Post by Markel »

Thanks for the update. If I install the new version, will the registration from the previous installation be maintained?
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

If you have license code from us then new version will accept it.
Markel

Post by Markel »

Well, I had a license code from GiveAwayOfTheDay when I first installed. But apparently that's not carried forward if I install the newer version, and since I didn't record the license code from the original GAOTD installation, I guess all I have now is a trashed application. You could have been a bit more explicit that installing the upgrade would void my current license installation. Thanks, I guess. Now it's time to uninstall and forget about this application.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Did you read TOS for GAOTD?

Terms and conditions

Please note that the software you download and install during the Giveaway period comes with the following important limitations:

No free technical support
No free upgrades to future versions
Strictly non-commercial usage
THIS SOFTWARE PRODUCT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW, END USER ASSUMES THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE DOWNLOADED SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
Markel

Post by Markel »

Do you realize that I came here to report a BUG in your software for the benefit of you and your users, and this is the response (i.e., "thanks") I get? It make me glad I DIDN'T buy this. To be sure, this application is no longer installed on my system.