Lost recording...

Sound recording software. Support MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG and APE formats

Has anyone else had i-Sound record over a recording?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 1

simon.maddox

Lost recording...

Post by simon.maddox »

Just started using i-Sound, hence the number of questions.... :oops:

I think there may be a problem with autonaming of files. Today I had to re-start the program, having recorded files with automatic naming: "RRCC_Podcasts_2007-03-11_001", "RRCC_Podcasts_2007-03-11_002" etc. with an auto increment number on the end.

After the restart I started recording again, and was disappointed to see it had reused the autonumber of 001 - over-writing the first recorded file with no warning!

I think it reset the autoincrement number to "001" when the program restarted.

Can you make it look to see if the calculated file name already exists and if so look for the next available autoincrement number?

Thanks
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Yes, every time it will start from the number that you have selected.

We will add verification procedure to avoid overwriting.
Monty

Post by Monty »

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble with the auto-name system as well.

I've been using WMA for a few months and love it. I just updated to the latest version (6.7.2.15) last night and I can't figure out the auto name to save my life.

I record several different streaming radio shows each week. I need to set up auto naming to include the event name, for example "Eventname-DD-MM-YY" like the system used to do in the previous 6.6 versions. Basically just automatically adding the date onto the event name.

Is this still possible?

Thanks,
Monty
simon.maddox

Any update on overwriting files?

Post by simon.maddox »

Hi - I reported the problem of iSound overwriting files without challenging more than 2 years ago, but it still seems the same in the current release.

We have recently started using the program for morning and evening meetings, and already have had the morning meeting wiped due to this bug.

PLEASE could you fix it??

Ideal would be to look in the selected save folder and increment until an unused recording number is found.

Thanks

Simon
kfzhs

another way

Post by kfzhs »

a way to solve this problem is to set auto name system as "YY-MN-DD-HH-NN-SS" :D