problem with working directory

Convert your BATch files into EXEcutable format in one click.
ThaWhiteNigga

problem with working directory

Post by ThaWhiteNigga »

Hi, I have included an application into my QBFC but I have a problem. The application needs to run on its own directory but I cant run it as an included file even if it is in its own directory. When I run the app. i get the missing files error. Maybe this is because the %MYFILES% path isnt the same as the path the compiled .EXE file is running.

Please Help Me!!!
ThaWhiteNigga

Re: problem with working directory

Post by ThaWhiteNigga »

ThaWhiteNigga wrote:Hi, I have included an application into my QBFC but I have a problem. The application needs to run on its own directory but I cant run it as an included file even if it is in its own directory. When I run the app. i get the missing files error. Maybe this is because the %MYFILES% path isnt the same as the path the compiled .EXE file is running.

Please Help Me!!!
SOLVED! :D

Thanx anyway!
wildboy

Post by wildboy »

I have gotten the program working the other day, now I think I'm having the same problem as 'ThaWhiteNigga'...

However, in my case the program doesn't 'NEED' to run in it's own directory (that I know of) because it worked good the a couple of days ago...

I would put the exe file in the root of drive c:
put my simple batch code in the compiler, and include the required exe Once compiled I get the following error:

Code: Select all

'file' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. 
BUT if I put cd\ in the batch file as the second line, (right under the %MYFILES%\file.exe line, it will work...Is that right? I KNOW FOR SURE that I DIDN'T have that cd\ in there the other day, cause I made a hard copy print out of what I typed in, and it don't work like that anymore.