Cannot load VDM IPX/SPX support - when exe ran

Convert your BATch files into EXEcutable format in one click.
reidashman

Cannot load VDM IPX/SPX support - when exe ran

Post by reidashman »

Hello,

I've got my batch running ok with .bat but when it is complied with qbfc it is not running I've got this message "Cannot load VDM IPX/SPX support ".

I've seen this only on one system but on then other system it is ok, all system are running on XP.

Anybody can help?

Thanks.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Symptom: When you open a DOS shell or if you run some programs in the DOS shell, you will get an error: Cannot load VDM IPX/SPX support

Causes: On Windows 2000 (maybe Windows XP and others), when you install CSNW and Novell's Netware client, it adds extra stuff to your autoexec.nt file. When you uninstall the client, it leaves a few turds around on your system (don't they all?) that could cause problems.

Solution: Edit your %SystemRoot%\system32\autoexec.nt file and look for these lines:
REM Install network redirector
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\nw16
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\vwipxspx
When you find them, just REM the lines out or delete them entirely.

Problem solved.
reidashman

Post by reidashman »

I already did that and when I ran the the batch with qbfc .exe compiled, it is not workng. it just open the window then disappear on other PC it is working oK.Can you tell me how to debug this.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

It's looks like something wrong with console applications on your system. It could be a stopped system service or broken configuration file. Try system repair.
reidashman

Post by reidashman »

Can you tell me how to perform system repair?

Thanks,