MIDI files are files that end with the extension .mid or .midi. These are described as digital or electronic sheet music. Computers can read MIDI files much like the player pianos of yore could read the instructions on a punched paper roll in order to "play" a song.
MP3 is the most popular audio format on the Internet. Converting MIDI to MP3 is a frequent task when working with MIDI format files because thay are not supported by portable player and car audio systems. If you want to play your MIDI files in CD player or use it in a sound editor as a background track, it is preferable to convert them to uncompressed VAV format to avoid loss of quality. Keep in mind that after converting the file size increases significantly.
Of course, if you only have one track, then you can use online converters, but if you need to convert a large number of tracks, it is better to choose a desktop software. MIDIRenderer is a professional-quality MIDI file renderer and software wavetable synthesizer. It allows you to fine tune the MIDI sound using downloadable SoundFonts. Simply follow the step by step instructions below.
- Download and install MIDI to MP3 Converter.
- Use Drag'n'Drop or toolbar buttons to add MIDI files to the conversion list.
- Select output folder for MP3 files or check the "Save MP3 files to the same folder" option.
- Select MP3 encoder settings, such as bitrate, sampling rate, VBR mode.
- Click the "Convert" button
- That's all!