If you are a musician, then quite often you have a need to slow down the music. Let's say you have a dance routine or musical piece that you are trying to learn but the track is a little too fast to either get your feet or fingers around. Either you need to slow down the music to easily learn guitar solos. The playback speed can be changed quite easily in Windows Media Player, but it always leads to a change in key. Therefore, you need software that can play music at any tempo without changing pitch.
AudioRetoucher is capable of changing the speed and tempo of an audio file from -50% to +100% of the original with 0.1% step. It can slow down most types of audio formats including MP3, FLAC and M4A types. This can be super handy for learning fast songs. You can make changes in real time and save them to a new file later.
How to change the tempo of a song
- Download and install AudioRetoucher from the link above. After installation, the program creates file associations and you can launch it from the Windows Explorer context menu.
- Start AudioRetoucher and open the audio file you want to slow down.
- Click the "Play" button and use the "Speed" slider to change the playback speed. For fine tuning, use the arrow buttons that provide a 0.1% step.
- If you need to change speed without altering the Pitch then use the "Tempo" slider instead of "Speed".
- When you get the desired result, click the "Save" button. After that, select the name of the new MP3 file and the compression settings.