BBC Radio services are broadcast on various FM and AM frequencies, digital radio or DAB, and streaming live on BBC Online. BBC Radio offers so many listening choices, there is literally not enough room to even begin to tell you here. Go, look, listen, record. You WILL find something you'll enjoy!
The radio programme is available as streaming audio in Real Media or Windows Media format via the BBC Radio Player but there're no direct URLs to download the entire radio show as an MP3 file.
Like any other audio stream, BBC radio station can be recorded using sound recording software. Here is a simple trick to download any program from the BBC Radio Player to your hard drive as a WAV or MP3 file with BBC Radio Recorder.
- Step 1: Download and install BBC Radio Recorder.
- Step 2: Open http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/ and choose the radio station you wish to record
- Step 3: Start radio recorder and click the "Record" button to record radio program.
Do you want to record radio programs at a certain time? This can be done easily using the scheduler.
- Step 1: Start radio recorder.
- Step 2: Open built-in scheduler
- Step 3: Create a new task and specify the URL of the radio station as an additional parameter. For example, you can specify "http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_two" for BBR Radio 2.
- Activate scheduler and minimize recorder to the system tray.
That's all! Recorder will automatically open URL in default web browser, record radio program, and close browser. The use of the radio recorder is not limited to BBC radio, you can record radio programs from AOL or Sirius XM.