eMusic is a digital music and audiobook store that operates by subscription. In exchange for a monthly subscription eMusic users can download a fixed number of tracks to their MP3 players per month. One of the advantages to using this service is it can help you find unique music based on your individual tastes. This feature allows you to find new artists and albums that match your musical preferences. This service is not for those who are searching for most major recording artists and Billboard chart toppers. While Emusic is making deals with more and more record labels, it is primarily a hub for small label artists who play excellent music. If you need a breathe of fresh air, I highly recommend you try out eMusic and discover that there is a real variety of original music out there. Instead of DRM-protected AAC or WMA files, the service delivers unrestricted, unprotected, 192-Kbps, variable-bit-rate MP3s.
When using this music download service, you have two options to purchase and download music. You can either purchase music directly from the company store or become a member and purchase a membership plan. With Prenium account you can get up to 42 Tracks with $20.99 music credit. If there's anything you have to understand about the service is that you will not be able to re-download a purchase once you do it the first time, and booster packs are only good for 90 days. If this is not enough for you, then you can look for other ways to get more music from your subscription.
Thanks to software from Abyssmedia called Streaming Audio Recorder you can now capture audio from nearly anything and save it to MP3 without quality loss. It does not matter what kind of audio track that is playing. As long as you can hear it this tool will surely captures it. What follows is a step-by-step tutorial to recordg free music using Streaming Audio Recorder.
- Download and install Recorder by hitting the "Download" button above.
- After installation, open Settings and select MP3 encoder to save songs from eMusic with 192kbps bitrate. The rest of the recording settings will be matched automatically.
- Next is to go to eMusic site and start audio track that you need record.
- Return to Recorder and click the "Record" button. You will see the timer running on the interface, the file size and recording level.
- Make sure that recording level is ok. If not, then use the Volume silder to adjust it.
- When you're done, click the "Browse" button to find the songs just recorded. Using recording browser you can edit tags, trim your recordings or send them to iTunes.
Some people think that getting more songs from your subscriptions a challenge, but in fact it is not. It is makeable as long as you use a recording tool such as those that we have discussed in the article. With the help of Streaming Audio Recorder you can also get music from other services, such as Spotify, Tidal or Apple Music.