Tumblr is a microblogging and social networking website that hits the Internet almost 10 years ago and so far allows users to post multimedia and other content to a short-form blog. One of site's features allows users to post audio files on their sites using Tumblr extensions. Tumblr audio posts stream music from hosted audio sites, like Hypster, SoundCloud and Spotify, and from MP3 files uploaded by Tumblr users. These allow the songs to be played, but don't include a native download option.
So say I've found a great song on Tumblr that I just can't live without and need on my phone. How I can do this? Yes, I am aware that there is few browser extensions, but most of them are hoaxes. It's a streaming audio, I can listed to it so I can record it with my favorite recording software. I've been using this method for a few years now to download most of my music from polular sites, like Spotify and Beatport. If you're looking to download audio file off Tumblr blogs, this post is for you.
- Step 1: Download and install Streaming Audio Recorder.
- Step 2: Open recorder settings and select select the "Speakers" as recording source.
- Step 3: Choose your own output format as mp3, flac or wav etc. and specify output folder for audio files.
- Step 4: Open Tumblr post in your browser and start playback.
- Step 5: Click the "Record" button in Streaming Audio Recorder to capture audio stream.
Streaming Audio Recorder is a universal download tool specialized for social music downloading, enables you download free music from Deezer, LastFm, MySpace, Pandora, MySpace and almost all social music services.