Spotify™ is a digital music streaming service offering free and legal access to a huge library of music. The service is provided free of charge by using minimal advertising (and some paid subscribers). Spotify allows users to browse music by song title, artist, album, genre, record label and more, with songs available for immediate listening. Spotify empowers its users with lots of options - in addition to streaming songs, you can import the ones you already own and share playlists. As of June 2017, it has over 140 million monthly active users, and as of March 2017, it has over 50 million paying subscribers. You can stream whatever song you want, whenever you want it, but you can't listen to Spotify music streaming offline.
The desire to save music for offline listening is understandable. In many countries, a free subscription is limited to an outrageous 10 hours per month, and a paid subscription requires a constant internet connection. As you may have guessed, music lovers who wish to download or record Spotfy as MP3 will certainly be in a difficult situation. Standard Windows tools are not able to record sound passing through your sound card.
There are a lot of third-party solutions, but their use is associated with various difficulties. If you do not have enough patience to change numerous settings, then we can offer you a one-click solution. Our sound recorder allows you to record all types of streaming audio, including Spotify. You can be sure that the recording of streaming audio through Spotify Recorder is completely legal for personal use.
This short guide will help you learn how to best use the program to record music tracks from Spotify for personal use in MP3 or FLAC format for PC, smartphone, tablet, iPhone or iPad.
- Download and install Spotify Music Recorder.
- Log into your Spotify account or start a new instance of your Spotify Windows software. When you turn on the "high quality streaming" option, the stream opens up to 320 kbps. That means you get more "pieces" of the song per second, which leads to a slightly better, richer overall sound with deeper bass.
- Start music recorder.
- Open Settings window and select preferred audio format. Since you use high quality streaming, you need at least MP3 320kbps or lossless FLAC encoder.
- Additionally, go to the VOX tab and activate this mode.
- This completes the settings and you can click the "Record" button.
- In the Spotify software, play back the music you would like to record.
- Immediately after this, the automatic recording of streaming audio from Spotify will begin. Each song will be saved to a separate file using the VOX function. In parallel with this, ads will be deleted automatically.
- After recording finished, click the "Stop" button. The completed files are then displayed in the Recording Browser. If you have our free tag editor installed, information about the artist and the name of the song will be added.
Since you only need to change the settings after installation, the next time you just need to click the "Record" button to rip Spotify music. As I told you, simple, right? Therefore, you can not only just listen to Spotify music, but also save Spotify tracks to hard drive. But the functionality of the program is not limited to this; our stream recorder can record Pandora Radio streams, rip music from Grooveshark and much more.